A road trip through Leh Ladakh is the stuff dreams are made of. When we first planned our road trip, we were a little apprehensive because of the high altitude oxygen deficiency problem . Little did we know that we would end up having one of the best trips of our lives. The itinerary charted below is one of the most basic and easy to accomplish. Will be sharing some complicated ones later on.
With 10 days in hand, this is what we finally chalked out for our road trip:
- Day 1: Fly directly into Leh and spend 1 night in a cosy homestay/hotel. Experience the life in Leh and take it easy the first day and acclimatize
- Day 2: Rent a Car/Bike and do the monastery circuit and the Magnetic hill in and around Leh
- Day 3: Rent a Car/Bike and drive through the Khardungla Pass and stay overnight at Hunder Desert Camps
- Day 4: Explore the sandy dunes of Hunder and Diskit village and drive back to Leh
- Day 5: Experience White Water Rafting at sangam and visit the Donkey Sanctuary at Leh . Eat your fill out at the various German bakeries of Leh city .
- Day 6: Rent a Car bike and drive through the Changla Pass and stay overnight at the Pangong Tso Lake
- Day 7 / 8 / 9: Explore Pangong Tso , Shey Palace, Thicksey Monastery ,Hemis Monastery and Rancho school on the drive back to Leh
- Day 10: Explore the Leh Market and buy miniature prayer wheels and Pashmina shawls for people back home
- Day 11: Fly back
There you have it: 10 days and endless kilometres of sheer bliss – Waterfalls, Lake beach, villages, Monasteries,deserts and ruins – this ten-day trip will make you fall in love with Ladakh