Image by Randy Kashka via Flickr
When it comes to prom dresses there is a world of choice available. The question is should you buy your dress, or rent it?
It is never too early to start looking at prom dresses and seeing everything that is currently available. There is an enormous selection of prom dresses and formal wear available from a myriad of different shops and boutiques all over the country. You will also see that the prices can also vary quite drastically, which is why you also have the option to rent a dress, rather than buy one. You can indeed present a good argument for both options, so a lot of it will come down to your tastes and preferences, as well as budget.
Good Reasons to Buy your Prom Dress
When it comes to buying a prom dress, you can find the best prom dresses boutiques will also have a website, so it is worth checking out the websites before visiting the stores. You will also have benefits when buying a dress that you may not get if you rent one.
- A wider selection of choice – You will find a much wider selection of choice for dresses to buy, rather than to rent.
- Getting the right size may be easier – It is going to be easier to find a perfect fitting dress when looking to buy, as there may only be limited sizes available to rent. The dress size can be troublesome if you have an unusual figure.
- You can alter the dress – If you buy your prom dress, you will be able to alter your dress if you need to. Being able to alter it will make sure your dress fits you perfectly for your big event.
- You get to keep the dress – You may not wear it again, but you will always have the memories of your prom, which will come flooding back every time you see your dress.
- You can hand it down – You can even start a tradition within your family and hand your prom dress down to your daughters, much as people do with wedding dresses.
Some people have a stigma about wearing clothes that other people have worn before, so if this is you, you may be best in buying your prom dress, rather than renting it. However, there are still some good reasons why renting a dress may be the best option!
Good Reasons to Rent your Prom Dress
One of the best reasons to rent your prom dress is that you can get much more bang for your buck. If you have a limited budget, then you may not be able to afford a designer dress. Whereas if you rent your dress, the overall cost will be a lot less, so you will be able to afford renting a designer dress. There will also be less pressure on you at spilling something on your dress, or damaging it when you spent hundreds of dollars on it. You are not spending all of that money on a dress that you will only wear once, and will never get any use out of again.
Everybody is Different
No matter what your preference is, everyone is entitled to their opinions and desires, and all of our budgets can vary immensely. Ultimately you should choose what is best for you personally, and not just to keep up with friends. If you do want to spend your money on buying the perfect dress, then get a job and start saving as quickly as you can. The more money you save, the more money you can spend!